Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Blog Post #1


For Blog Post #1, we have been asked to compose detailed answers to the four questions seen below. After some self reflection, here is what I came up with.

  • What type(s) of writer do you consider yourself to be?
    • I don't think that my style of writing fits into just one category. My approach to writing seems to borrow elements from both the "Heavy Planner" and "Sequential Composer" types.
  • Does your writing process include several of the above approaches? If so, which ones?
    • As I mentioned above, I see myself fitting into both the heavy planner and sequential composer writer types. I tend to plan my writing out carefully and often find myself stepping away from the work but continuing to mull over ideas while I am busy with another task. I also have a tendency to create a plan and keep notes of ideas then carefully structure my writing a piece at a time which is similar to the sequential composer.
  • Does your writing process seem to be successful? What are the strengths and weaknesses of your approach?
    • If I look at my grades from classes which are heavy on writing, I would say that my approach is successful. It ensures that I am sticking to topic and presenting a clear, concise and consolidated message that is easily read and understood. The biggest weakness to this approach is that it requires more time and I often find myself constricted with short deadlines.
  • Do you think it might be beneficial for you to try a different approach? Why or why not?
    • I believe it is always beneficial to try new approaches and styles. I doubt the procrastinator approach would be helpful as waiting to the last minute creates a chaos I don't work well in.
Noordegraaf, Marina. "Information Overload" 6/18/2009 via flickr.
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic

1 comment:

  1. All that outlining and planning is really beneficial for reflecting back on the process when you're at the end of a big project. So many professional environments are built upon the process of self-reflection - it's an invaluable skill to be able reflect both critically and constructively on your own work.

    ReplyDelete